- Who? High School Music classes and members of the Manila Symphony Orchestra
- Where? ISM Fine Arts Theatre
- When? Tuesday, September 20th
- Starts? 5:30pm
This year’s HS Great Works Concert takes on several Russian greats including, Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninoff. The main purpose of the Great Works, however, is to provide an opportunity for the HS music classes to collaborate on a substantial piece of music. With this in minds, this year’s concert culminates in the Orchestra, Band and Choir joining to perform Alexander Borodin’s Polovtsian Dances from the opera Prince Igor.
Continuing on from last year’s success, members of the Manila Symphony Orchestra will again be playing alongside students. This provides an opportunity for students to interact with and learn from professional musicians.
Other program pieces include:
- Overture 1812 op.49 by P.I.Tchaikovsky (arr. J.Brubaker)
- Choreography by Robert Sheldon
- Spitfire by Gary P. Gilroy
- Bogoroditse Devo by Sergi Rachmaninoff
- Vocalize by Sergi Rachmaninoff (arr J.Manookian)